20 Jun How to prepare for commissioning a video
- Identify the Purpose and Aims of final video.
- Identify the target audience.
- Establish where and how the film is to be shown.
- Establish what Media is the film to be played on – Web, Power Point, or DVD.
- Is user interactivity required – just watch film or select items from menu.
- Establish the Message(s) that need putting across about the product and/or service.
- Identify your company pedigree / market position.
- Identify manufacturer pedigree (if selling their product)
- Inform Pre/After sales team, of the customer care policy.
- Identify Key and Sub-features of product and services.
- Blend items 1 – 10 into a story that achieves the purpose of the film.
- Establish Action shots
– General shots
That are needed to be put across to the viewer your message.
- Create a voiceover script that holds together the visual flow of the story.
- Create a call to action or conclusion for the video. What do you want the viewer to do next?
Test your proposal on somebody independent to see if it flows correctly.
Once the above is achieved the film will achieve its aim when made and be an investment in the future of the life of the product, subject or service.